Caribbean Chutney Chili
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: Approximately 35 minutes
This delicious thick chili is a family favorite. It's a warm and comforting simple recipe that you and your family will love. Grab your tortilla chips and start scooping!
- 2 tbsp PB Traditional Epis Spice Blend
- 1 8 oz. jar of PB Mango Pina Chutney
- 1 lb. organic ground turkey
- 1 can of dark red kidney beans
- 1 can of light red kidney beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp canned tomato paste
- 1 bushel of fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 of chopped onion
- 1 diced bell pepper
- 1 bushel of green onions (scallions)
- 1 -3 tbsp chili powder (to taste)
- 1 -3 tbsp ground cumin
- 3 cups of water
- Season meat with traditional epis, chili powder, and cumin.
- Drizzle olive oil in a large dutch oven pot and brown the ground meat under high heat for about 3 min.
- Add chopped bell pepper, onions, and tomato paste. Mix evenly and cook for 2 min.
- Add tomatoes, beans, green onions, and water.
- Bring to a simmer, then add epis spice blend and mango pina chutney, pouring one tsp at a time until you reach desired kick.
- Cook on medium heat and simmer for around 20 minutes.
- Optional: top chili with avocado and garnish with cilantro, green onions, or shredded parmesan cheese.
- Serve over rice, pita bread, crackers, or garlic bread.